I definitely have my Dad’s genes. One of my favourite pastimes is driving around town windows down, radio blaring. When someone gets into my car and the volume is deafening, I turn it down and make the same crack about “someone must have been listening to the radio ha ha”
The car is not the only place I love to sing, I sing in front of my class, in the shower, when I’m cooking, when I’m karaokeing, when I’m dancing etc.
I don’t have a fear of doing anything in the public eye, making a fool of myself especially. So I had the brilliant idea to BUSK and raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Unfortunately, the river has flooded, and people have that curious itch to drive slowly past and have a look, or legitimately got stuck on the way home in the traffic that was banked up through the whole town. Having road rage, it wasn't safe to put myself in the middle of that. Instead I went to a park near a friend’s house and sang there. It’s not the same – but there were people walking their dogs and school buses going past.
Unfortunately I did not make any money, guys walking their dogs with iPods in their ears, aren’t the target market for a busker.
Never fear, the National Breast Cancer Foundation will be getting a cheque of good will.
Happy Birthday to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment