Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 4: First Cocktail

Who doesn’t love a pretty looking cocktail? One that you can sip on while you check out the hotties around a bar? I wanted to create one, and give it my name, as a memory of my 25th birthday. 

The experience provided opportunities to play with different flavours and textures. A very fun couple of hours


Attempt #1 – I had the idea of a candy striper – with red lines through a creamy/clear white liqueur. I ended up using RASPBERRY VODKA, OJ AND GRENADINE – it looked like a tequila sunrise, and as for taste...not so great




Attempt #2 – I had recently eaten raspberry/coconut cookies. So I thought, why not try MALIBU, RASPBERRY LIQUEUR, CREAM and a few drops of GRENADINE. What a winner, its smooth, sweet, has a bit of a bite and best of all its pink. This drink perfectly captures who I am. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the CANDI CREAM
The Candi Cream

60ml Malibu

60ml Raspberry Liqueur
4 tblspn Cream
Dash of Grenadine
Crushed ice

Shake and serve.


Happy Birthday to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment